Ultra Street Fighter 4 is available for digital upgrade for $14.99 for Xbox 360 and PS3 on their respective online marketplaces!
Check out the latest trailer from Capcom showcasing the new mode called Edition Select! This mode allows players to choose from any version of a Street Fighter 4 character from all the different iterations of the game!
Capcom Cup Schedule (All times are PST)
9:00AM Doors Open
12:00PM Announcements & Ultra Street Fighter IV Exhibition
1:00PM Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Tournament
3:00PM Clash of the Champions Exhibition
4:00PM Super Street Fighter IV AE: 2012 Tournament
6:00PM Awards and closing ceremony
From Capcom-Unity’s ComboFiend,
In addition to the awesome tournaments going on throughout the day, Ultra Street Fighter IV will also be playable and who knows, maybe this version might be a little different from the Japan, Europe, Southern California and East Coast location tests. You’ll also find our sponsors and partners on hand who will have the latest and greatest Street Fighter items for you to check out.
Next up is the release date information for Ultra Street Fighter IV. Right now, we are hard at work to bring the game to all of our fans as soon as possible, and want to ensure there is enough time that players can practice to compete at Evolution 2014. As such, the digital upgrade will be available in early June for $14.99 (€14.99) on PS3 and Xbox 360. Following shortly after in August, is the digital upgrade for PC at $14.99 (€14.99), as well as the PS3 and Xbox360 full digital bundle and retail versions, which include all previously-released costumes for $39.99 (€39.99). Since our PC fans have to wait longer for the content, we have a special deal where they can get the full digital bundle including all of the previously-released costumes for only $29.99 (€29.99), also in August. Apologies to our PC fans, as we did want to release simultaneously, but this was the only way that we could ensure that Ultra Street Fighter IV would be included in the largest fighting game tournament in the world.
So in the meantime, make it out to one of the location tests or Capcom Cup to try out Ultra Street Fighter IV and be sure to check back here to Unity for the latest updates on the new exciting content coming to Ultra Street Fighter IV.
For additional information, check out the link here - http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2013/12/05/capcom-cup-schedule-and-usfiv-release-information
DLC Characters now in Archives – DLC Characters are now available in the Character Viewer located in the Archives.
Offline Restart Match – From the pause menu of an offline versus match, you can now instantly restart the match.
Online Instant Rematch Option – You now have the option to rematch instantly or to rematch and select new characters/background after an online player match.
Interactive Object Sound Cues – You now have the option to turn on sound cues that will notify the players when either is within range of an Interactive Object. This option can be found in the Gameplay Settings menu.
King of the Hill Challenges – There is now a default KOTH challenge assigned to you.
Arena Select – Starting Arena Level choice is now randomized as well when a 2nd player chooses to select a stage.
Building Meter – Slightly reduced the amount of meter gain on specials that can be canceled.
Meter Refill in Practice – The super meter is now set to REFILL in practice mode.
Wall Bounce Interactive Objects – Improved the hit box on 3d Wall Bounce Interactions so that they will hit within a combo regardless of stance switch.
Directional Hard Attacks
- Applying a Meter Burn to Directional Hard (Back + Hard or Forward + Hard) Attacks now inflicts 50% more damage.
- You now take 50% less damage when hit during the armored portion of a Meter Burned directional Hard Attack.
Meter Burning Interactive Objects – It now costs 2 bars of Meter to apply Meter Burn properties to Interactive Objects.
Transition Damage – Adjusted Transition Damage across all arenas so that they are consistent with each other.
Frame Data Corrections – Multiple Frame Data Corrections.
Throw Immunity – Completely removed throw immunity from all projectile attacks. You can now throw opponents while they are throwing projectiles, regardless of character.
Input Buffering in Advanced Controls – After Blocking in Advanced Controls, you can now buffer special moves without resetting to a neutral position on the controller.
Projectile Hit Pauses – Removed the hit pause/screenshake from several projectiles when they hit the walls of arenas.
Meter Burning Through Interactive Object Damage – Fixed an issue where some Interactive Objects were still inflicting splash damage after the opponent armored through them.
Resetting Metropolis APC Gunner in Practice – You can now properly reset the APC gunner in practice mode in the Metropolis Street.
Metropolis – Rooftop – Flying WASPs respawn rate increased to 8-12 seconds (previously 4-6 seconds)
Insurgency – Command Center – Slightly reduced velocity and collision sphere for splash damage when the overhead television monitors are thrown by power characters
Insurgency – Luthor’s Lab – Slightly reduced velocity and collision sphere for splash damage when the hanging lights are thrown by power characters
Insurgency – Luthor’s Lab – Slightly reduced velocity and collision sphere for splash damage when Braniac’s head is thrown by power characters
Fortress of Solitude – Laboratory – The Ship swing no longer has invulnerable frames for some power characters.
- The cool down on the Water of Life (character power) has increased to 12 seconds (up from 9 seconds).
- Improved the hit box on the Divine Order (Medium, Medium) combo.
- It is no longer possible to interrupt his Annihilator super move after is has connected.
- You can now Meter Burn the Warp Transmission special move to improve the recovery time.
- By holding towards during the Front Warp Transmission, you will now teleport further away from your opponent.
- By holding away during the Behind Warp Transmission, you will now teleport away from your current position.
- Bane now takes 95%, 85%, 70% damage while in Venom Boost (character power) levels 1, 2, 3 respectively.
- Bane can now apply a Meter Burn to the Venom Uppercut when it misses the opponent or is blocked.
- During the Meter Burn Venom Uppercut, Bane no longer has extended armor after the move is complete.
- Improved hitbox on Infinite Crisis combo (Forward Medium, Down Hard) and it is now -8 on block (up from -32).
- The size of her hurt box was slightly increased, meaning she will be vulnerable to a wider array of attacks.
- The ducking Light attack can now be parried correctly.
- The Bat-Wheel can no longer be ducked by certain characters.
- Mechanical Bats (Character Power) regeneration has been increased to 9 seconds (up from 6 seconds).
- Increased recovery time for the Stay Down combo (Back + Medium, Hard) when it is blocked or misses.
- Straight Grapple can now be evaded/parried by projectile-counter special moves.
- Reduced duration of Orbs of Seth (Character Power) to 4.5 seconds and increased the cool down to 9 seconds (up from 7 seconds)
- Boot Stomp now has a block advantage of -21 (down from -15)
- Lightning Strike now only hits grounded opponents when performed outside of a combo.
- The Meter Burn version of the Lightning Strike is now -1 (down from +8)
- The Meter Burn version of Black Magic no longer conflicts with hard attack bounce/juggle limiting.
- Reduced the distance Black Adam covers when back-dashing
- Increased the duration of the back dash to 31 frames (up from 26)
- Increased the duration of the front dash to 18 frames (up from 16)
- Slightly increased the amount of damage scaling on combos.
- Fixed an issue where the Orbs of Seth were labeled UNBLOCKABLE during Practice mode when they hit Mid.
- Fixed an issue where Black Adam could stack two sets of the Orbs of Seth.
- Improved Hit Advantage on the Eye Of Horus combo (Back + Medium, Hard, Up, Medium)
- The Meter Burn version of the Cat Dash now has two hits of armor.
- Both the High and Low Feline Evade now have 1 start up frame (down from 2).
- Loosened the input requirements for his Grapple special moves when performed within a combo.
- The full activation time for the Repair Circuit (Character Power) health regeneration is now 2 seconds (down from 5 seconds) and regenerates double the amount of health.
- The cool down for the Repair Circuit is now 8 seconds (up from 3 seconds).
- Fixed an issue where you were unable to perform Cyborg’s Forward or Back Grapple from the down-back or down-forward position in Advanced Controls.
- The Enhanced Reflexes (character power) activation time has been reduced to 60 frames (down from 85 frames), lasts 3 seconds (down from 5 seconds), and has a cool down of 6 seconds (up from 3 seconds).
- Bullets fired during the Enhanced Reflexes character power now perform less damage.
- The Eye for an Eye super move now has 9 additional frames of armor.
- The meter burn version of his Venom special move now has two hits of armor.
- If Doomsday is hit into a 3D wall bounce while his Doom to All (Character Power) is active, the Interactive Object is no longer rendered useless for the rest of the match.
- Improved the hit box on the Flying Uppercut special move.
- Slightly increased damage scaling.
- His crouching Medium attack now has a block advantage of -11 (down from +1) and has increased recovery frames when it misses.
- His Speed Zone super move now performs 34.5% damage (down from 38.5%)
- Fixed an issue that allowed Flash’s Flying Uppercut to pass through some characters without dealing any damage.
- Fixed an issue where interrupting the Time Loop (character power) would sometimes result in the background color staying corrupted.
- Now correctly enters a crouching state when firing low arrows.
- The Stinger special move now has a frame advantage of -13 (up from -25) and can now be Meter Burned when blocked for frame advantage.
- Removed a 2 frame OTG window after a Meter Burn version of the Lantern’s Might special move.
- The Single Shot (Down + Hard) now has a block advantage of -15 and results in a hard knockdown.
- The Take Aim (Back + Medium) attack has an improved hitbox.
- You can no longer interrupt the Mallet Bomb super move after it has connected.
- The Bag-O-Tricks now has an 8 second cool down period (up from 5 seconds).
- Aquaman can no longer use his Water of Life Character Power to escape the Mallet Bomb super move.
- The meter burn version of the Mace Charge will now autocorrect and force opponents to block in some instances where it could have previously been avoided by smaller characters.
- The Acid Blossom now consistently has a block advantage of +5 regardless of stance switch.
- The Crowbar now has a block advantage of -4 (up from -25) and has a better hit advantage when Meter Burned.
- The Joker’s Wild (character power) High Parry now has 1 startup frame (down from 2) and the Low Parry now has 2 startup frames (down from 3).
- Successfully performing a Frostbite parry on an opponent’s armored attack will now remove the armor.
- The Lex Probes will now always put the victim in hit stun when hitting inside of a combo.
- Charging the Lance Blasts will now result in significantly increased damage when they connect with the opponent.
- Overall hit box adjustments to make combos more consistent.
- Aquaman can no longer use his Water of Life character power to escape Lex’s super move after it connects.
- The Hook Charge special move now hits as an overhead, has an improved startup of 13 frames (down from 16), and has improved viability as a wakeup attack.
- The Meter Burn version of the Hook Charge now has 2 hits of armor.
- Now loads two rounds for his Nuclear Shells character power (up from 1).
- All Pump Shot blasts now have extended reach when Nuclear Shells are loaded.
- When a Nuclear Shell is loaded, the 2nd Meter Burn Pump Shot blast will have significantly increased damage.
- The Main Man super move now hits the opponent overhead.
- The Downward Phase Assault now can now hit opponents who are higher in the air.
- The Light to the Light (Back+ Light, Hard) combo no longer results in a hard knockdown.
- Martian Manhunter now has less Frame Advantage after performing a Forward Throw.
- Martian Manhunter is now properly pushed out of the corner when performing throws.
- The last hit of Staff Spin when meter burned will now hit smaller characters.
- Corrected an issue where some combos were doubling their damage scaling.
- Adjusted the hit box on the Gravedigger (Medium, Up + Hard) combo to hit all crouching opponents.
- The Gravedigger (Medium, Up + Hard) combo now has a block advantage of -1 (down from +5).
- The Bloody Spear can now be evaded/parried by projectile-counter special moves.
- Fixed an issue where using the Bloody Spear vs Aquaman while in his Water of Life character power would result in Scorpion getting knocked down.
- Fixed an issue where Scorpion’s Teleport Punch would pass through opponents who are in a state where they cannot be repelled.
- Increased the damage on the regular and Meter Burn versions of his Herculean Might and Achilles Clutch command grabs while also slightly improving the hit boxes.
- The Mighty Charge (Back + Medium, Hard) Combo now pops up to allow for juggle combos.
- Increased the damage output for both the Atlas Torpedo and the Bolt of Zeus.
- Increased the amount of block damage on his Hook Kick (Hard Attack).
- Solomon’s Judgment (Character Power) now has proper damage scaling.
- The Lost Will (Back + Light, Medium) combo now hits Mid.
- The Pain Chain (Character Power) can no longer be parried.
- Increased the damage on both the regular and Meter Burn versions of Grundy’s Grave Rot Special Attack.
- The Meter Burn version of the Flying Punch now has 2 hits of armor.
- Increased the amount of damage scaling on some combos.
- The Kryptonian Smash Super Move now has 5 frames of startup (up from 2) and is now a Mid attack.
- The Ground and Air Heat Vision attacks now have additional recovery frames.
- Slight hit box adjustment to the Cross Swipe (Toward + Medium) attack.
- Increased the amount of damage scaling after using the Heat Zap special move.
- In Sword Stance, her Directional Hard attack is no longer able to be clashed.
- Activating Sargon’s Hat Stance (Character Power) no longer forces the end of a ground combo.
- Loosened the input requirements of her Teleport moves.
- You can now only cancel her Levitate twice during a ground combo.
- The Meter Burn version of her Fire Kiss can no longer be ducked by certain characters.
- Catwoman and Wonder Woman can no longer parry her Ground Magic special move (in Sargon’s Hat Stance) while standing.
- Reduced the start up frames of her ducking Medium attack to 8 (down from 10)
- Reduce the start up frames of her jumping Light attack to 6 (down from 8).
- The Master Puppet special move now works correctly online.
- Increased the size of the hitbox on the second hit of her Multi Kick special move so that some characters can no longer duck under it.
- Fixed an issue that allowed you to perform an infinite combo with Zatanna on larger characters.
- The Phantom Wraith (Character Power) Slash can no longer be parried.
- Phantom Wraith attacks now have proper damage scaling.
- Fixed an issue where missing an opponent with the Phantom Wraith grab would result in undesirable effects.
- The (Air) Zod Charge now has 6 startup frames (up from 1).
- The Low Punch (Down + Light) and I Always Win (down+light, Medium) combo no longer result in a hard knockdown.
- Improved the hit box on the Fallen Kryptonian (Toward + Medium, Light) combo.